Origin Price: $1.99, Now Free Limited Time.
***FREE TODAY IN CELEBRATION OF ITS 1ST BIRTHDAY!*** (Want to help celebrate? Leave a review!)
Shibuya Grandmaster is an addictive falling-block puzzle game in the vein of Tetris, Puyo Puyo, and Lumines, featuring a mind-bending new mechanic. You’ll feel amazing as you master what first seems impossible and pull off challenging combos at breakneck speeds.
“The secret of Shibuya is that it demands skill at a whole bunch of different things at once… It’s fast, furious and utterly enthralling.” -Pocket Gamer
“9/10” -Pocket Gamer, Gold Award
“9/10” – TouchArcade
“9/10” – 148Apps
“10/10” – AppAdvice
Can you become a Grandmaster? Featuring a stunningly simple and award-winning mechanic, Shibuya Grandmaster is a fast-paced arcade game of depth and old-school challenge that will have you honing your skills for years.
It’s simple to learn, but you’ll be tested as your brain adapts to a whole new way of thinking and your fingers try to keep up. Don’t give up! As you learn to effortlessly plan ahead, form combos, and dig yourself out of tight spots, the feeling of being in the zone is unlike anything else.
– A completely original game mechanic, celebrated by the PAX 10, IGF, and critics.*
– An old-school arcade experience based on developing pure skill.
– An addictive progression system which constantly teaches you to improve.
– 7 gameplay speeds, up to the impossibly fast Gentle Rain.
– 60fps silky-smooth and responsive gameplay.
– Customization via a wide variety of atmospheric backgrounds and color sets.
– 5-song licensed soundtrack.
– Colorblind-friendly color set swapping.
– Leaderboards across multiple categories to challenge your friends.
* Praise for the original Shibuya (2010):
“Shibuya is a great puzzler that I recommend without hesitation. It’s rare to find a fresh color-matching puzzle game, but Shibuya succeeds.” -IGN
“A touch-controlled narcotic” -Gameshack
“While Shibuya is very easy-to-learn, it isn’t so easy to put down once you get hooked by its charms” -Macworld
Selected for the PAX 10 Indie Showcase, 2010
Honorable Mention for the IGF’s Best Mobile Game
IOS Indie Game Of The Year – DIYgamer
About in-app purchases: the only in-app purchases in Shibuya Grandmaster come in the form of optional, one-time purchases of additional backgrounds and color schemes, nothing that affects gameplay in any way. You can get everything available (and everything we’ll ever add) at a steep discount with the Everything Forever purchase.