Origin Price: $2.99, Now Free Limited Time.
Dig into our planet and the geological forces that shape it.
***** Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice *****
“This is a great way to let children informally and playfully discover some of the big ideas they’ll encounter later on in their school curriculum. Apps like this one are good reminders for why you spent hundreds of dollars on a phone or tablet for your child.” — Warren Buckleitner, editor, Children’s Technology Review
Trigger earthquakes! Make volcanos erupt! Investigate plate tectonics, weathering, erosion, and deposition. Travel across time to see how our home has changed over eons, pre-Pangea to the present.
The Earth is an interactive model that lets kids study and observe the geological forces that change the planet—above and below the surface, in a matter of minutes and over millions of years.
The Earth is No. 5 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library series, designed for curious kids ages 4+ to dive deep into big ideas. The apps in this series have won Best of the App Store, App Store Editors’ Choice, Parents’ Choice, and Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice awards.
* Wander through an endless landscape, from deserts to mountains, oceans to glaciers.
* Investigate how each landform was created.
* See the Earth transform over time, from a sphere of boiling rock to the continents we live on today.
* Dig under the surface and observe the Earth’s layers from the crust to core.
* Weather, erode, and deposit rocks and sediment. Shape the land with your fingertips!
* Make a river meander. Make a glacier recede and advance. Create sand dunes, sea stacks, and beaches. Trigger a rockslide!
* Discover mysteries like frost wedging, stalactites and stalagmites, and hotspots.
* Experiment with four different types of volcanoes.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels in close-up scenes.
* Sophisticated sound design rewards experimentation.
* Original artwork by Sarah Jacoby.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike.