Avira Free Android Security sets the focus on the mobile device anti-theft-protection. With this new Android product, Avira intends to protect all users that would like to have the ultimate protection for their mobile as well as for their private data on the device. The protection app will help the user step by step to fnd his mobile device in case of a loss or theft. If the device has been stolen, the user has the possibility to block the use of the device and stop the access to private data. Avira Free Android Security consists of two parts: Avira Android Security App (on the device). Needs to be downloaded from the Google Market and installed on the device. Afterwards a device registration is required.
Avira Android Web Console with an assigned account the Web Console offers the possibility to remotely execute certain actions on the registered mobile. On the Web Console, any user can have a maximum of 5 Android devices managed using his own account.
• Make It Scream!
Can’t find your phone? Maybe it isn’t far away or people nearby aren’t aware of the unattended phone. By logging on to the Web Console from any browser, you can trigger a loud noise from the device, even if it was in silent mode.
• Lock the Phone Remotely
Shield your personal information as soon as you think your device is missing. The Remote Lock feature locks the device from the web and can even display a message to the person who finds the device.
• Pinpoint a Missing Phone’s Location
Search for your smartphone the smart way! Avira Free Android Security can locate your device’s signal and display its location on a Google map.
• Call the Owner
Being a hero was never so convenient! The person who finds your locked phone can call and report the discovery by tapping a button on the touchscreen. All you have to do is set an alternate number in the Web Console.
• Manage Multiple Devices
Perfect for families and power users, Avira Free Android Security accommodates up to five devices on a single account. Easily add and remove devices, or adjust preferences for individual devices, right from any web browser.
• Monitor Battery Life and More
The Web Console provides a handy overview of your devices. In one place, you can see remaining battery life and installed Android version as well as device specifics such as model and carrier information.
• View a Device’s Security History
The Web Console stores the history of all Avira Free Android Security functions performed on your device(s). Places a phone has been located, dates and times of remote screams, locks and unlocks are conveniently available online.
Supported Platforms: Android 2.2 (Froyo), Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread), Android 4.0, Android 4.1, Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), Android 4.3.
Supported Devices: Avira Free Android Security is supported on HTC, LG, Motorola and Samsung smartphones with normal, large and extra large screens.
What’s new in Avira Free AntiVirus 2014 18.104.22.1683 Beta:
* Fixed problems with mailguard in combination with IMAP
* With Update 1, migrating from Internet Security to the new Internet Security Suite becomes easier. Attempting to install the new Avira Internet Security Suite over an old Internet Security product will trigger a product migration and will not require a new license (OTC or Key). For even more convenience, license codes for Avira Internet Security may be used to activate Avira Internet Security Suite.
* Bugfixes in Realtime Protection with APC on 64 bits
* Added trusted published APN LLC so that the Avira Firewall doesn?t give any popups for the toolbar
* Added special logging to the APC functionality in order to check if a specific file was analyzed by the APC (only at complete log level)
* All workstation products received the Windows 8.1. Logo
Homepage – http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
Size: 121 MB