Norton Anti-Theft is a new service that gives you a way to track the devices you have, protect the data they house, and get them back in the event that they are ever lost or stolen. Protecting users from the threat of physical device loss and theft is somewhat of a new area for us and we believe this new service is a great addition to our Norton Everywhere vision of protecting you and your data on any device. Norton Anti-Theft helps you instantly locate, follow, and lock down lost or stolen PC laptop, MacBook, tablet or smartphone to get your Stuff back. Simply go to the Norton Anti-Theft site from any Web browser to see your device’s location on a map, immediately lock it down, and even discover who has it. Norton Anti-Theft is a web-based service that initiates commands like finding a device, locking it, or taking pictures with the Web cam are all completed from the Norton Anti-Theft website.
Norton Anti-Theft Key Benefits:
Quickly locate and lock your lost PC laptop, tablet or smartphone AND the irreplaceable information stored on it.
• Provides theft protection for multiple devices. Tracks and reports their approximate location in case of loss or theft.
• Provides the ability to remotely lock your devices over the Internet so thieves and strangers can’t use them or access your personal information.
Easy-to-use and covers all the devices you use to stay connected:
• You can easily locate and lock your PC laptop, MacBook, tablet, or smartphone from anywhere, right over the Internet through the Norton Anti-Theft Web site.
• The Web-based service is light on resources so it does not slow down your Web browsing or your device performance.
Let’s say you have lost a computer or it has been stolen. Norton Anti-Theft gives you the power to log into a website and find out where the computer is, lock it, have the Web cam take pictures, and write a message that will be seen by whoever has the computer. We have found from talking to customers that these are the most sought after features they want when they have a lost or stolen device. So we have listened and this is what we are providing in the first release of this service.
Features in Norton Anti-Theft:
• Locate: Tracks and maps the location of your device when anyone uses it to go online so you will know if it is lost or stolen.
• Remote Lock: Securely locks your device to prevent strangers from using it or seeing your information.
• Lost Notification: Displays a customizable message to anyone who finds your missing device so you can make arrangements to get it back.
• Web Control: Works securely over the Internet, so you can easily track, locate, and lock your devices anytime, anywhere.
• Sneak Peek: Snaps photos of anyone or anything in front of your device then saves the images to the Norton Anti-Theft Web site to help you get back your device. (Webcam devices only)
• Free support: Get help and answers by phone, email, live chat, or online whenever you need it.
Once you log into the site for the first time, you are asked to download a small piece of software or agent onto the computer you want to protect. This agent is what is used to communicate from the Web site to your computer. So, when you click Take a Picture on our Sneak Peek page, the Web site communicates with the agent on your computer and the agent will take the picture and send it back to the Web site.
Homepage – https://antitheft.norton.com/
Size: 954 KB