Nvidia guarantees that this new release offers a great performance boost in some games, so even though Windows 8.1 Preview might not be too reliable for gaming, a slight improvement should still be noticed.
“[It] increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers,” Nvidia said. Dirt: Showdown, Tomb Raider, F1 2012 and Batman: Arkham Origins are the games that should benefit from the new drivers.
This Game Ready driver offers the best gaming experience for Splinter Cell: Blacklist and is also a recommended driver update for the Windows 8.1 Preview. GeForce R326 drivers also provide performance increases for a variety of different games.
- Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
- Installs HD Audio v220.127.116.11
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.